Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wet and Rainy - Just Like Home

I arrived in London after a plane ride that seemed to take FOREVER. I kept battling the man sitting next to me for the armrest and he ultimately won. The flight was delayed over an hour and then it took at least 30 min to get through customs. I feel like London is a lot of waiting so far.... after clearing customs we then waited for a bus to come pick us up! The place where I am living looks pretty much like the picture on wikipedia. It's in a newer section of London so it doesn't feel as old and historical as the rest of it, although I've barely seen any of it! We were told not to bring sheets for the bed because it would be easy and cheaper to find them when we got there. That was definitely a mistake.

We had a meeting in our residence hall that lasted until about 5:30 and then we were given a tour of the neighborhood. Well we also needed to get sheets, and some of the more inexpensive places close around 6. We ran around trying to find sheets and comparing cost and all I ended up with in the end was a duvet cover and pillow cases, still no sheets and definitely no towel. Everyone speaks English, although sometimes they stare at you like you are an alien speaking jibberish.

All in all, its been overwhelming but interesting so far. It's been about 30 hours since i've slept and all I want to do is curl up in bed. Oh wait. I still don't have sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment