Sunday, June 6, 2010

Interviews and Touristy Stuff

My Interview on Thursday went really well. It's been absolutely beautiful this weekend, which the locals all say is very unusual for London. I decided to walk there and it wasn't too far away, however I made the mistake of walking in heels. 20 minutes and countless blocks of cobblestone later I had blisters all over my feet, and realized that people who walk to work wear tennis shoes and change them later. I made it to the University and met up with our project adviser. He was a funny absent minded economic professor, who loved to talk so much our group was the last ones to leave the luncheon.
That night we went to explore more of our neighborhood and ended up at a bar called Traffic. It was fun - but small, and they kept playing the same 5 songs over and over. I think it was just for us Americans, but Party in the USA was one of them.
Friday was really hot, and I decided to get lost by myself and wander the Notting Hill area - I had to drop something off at my program's office. I ended up walking down the street where all of the foreign embassies are and it was gorgeous! I would have taken pictures but apparently its illegal there, and there were police everywhere. Pretty much the other half of the people in the Internship program live in the Notting Hilll are in these really cool flats. They are near so much food and shopping and overall nice things. Where I live, is a bit different. I live in this random old building, that's set up a lot like a dorm. The people are great, but the area is referred to as the "Brooklyn of London" whereas where the other housing is "Soho." Still we have a lot of fun places to go out, and it's definitely not touristy. Here are a couple of photos, but I still haven't taken any of my room (too messy already!)

Outside of Thoresby House
The Staircase Inside

On Saturday, some of us decided to see the Touristy parts of London. But i'll update on that later. More pictures I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment