Saturday, July 24, 2010

Final Days in London

My program officially ends today, we have to be out of Thoresby House by 1pm. It's been a long week with the final exam on Tuesday, my last days of work, and then my presentation yesterday. Still, it's been a fun one even as people started to leave on their next adventures. On Thursday we decided to do some final touring, catch some of the stuff we wanted to see but still hadn't gotten the chance to in 2 months. We started at Harrods, the fancy designer department store with multiple levels of extremely expensive things (and normally priced as well).I didn't buy anything... except for some delicious pastries in the bakery. Soooo good! After that My friend Nikhita and I went to go see Abbey Road. Granted it is just a street crossing, but there were still people there taking pictures. Since it was only the two of us, we had no one to take our picture crossing the street. However, there was this guy with a polaroid camera who would tell you when to cross, pose you, take a picture with his polaroid camera and your digital camera for 5 pounds. I'm a sucker and I really wanted the cheesy picture... so we did. I have the polaroid so perhaps when I get back to the states I'll scan it in. Until then, you'll just have to enjoy these. In a couple of hours I will be meeting up with Sean to begin our two week trip around Europe. I am so excited to be beginning this new adventure but leaving London is bittersweet. I've had a lot of fun exploring new places, experiencing the locals and the local pubs, and just immersing myself in another culture. Granted it is "just England" and they all "speak English" but the cultural nuances and their beliefs and values are unique and different to me. Plus, if you've ever heard Cockney you would question if they were really speaking English. This might be my last post for the next week (especially with pictures) since I will be traveling, but I should have some time when I'm back in the USA for some updates with pictures... we'll see! Now, the rest of Europe awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment