Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Adventure to the South of France

This weekend I decided to meet up with my roommate Anna in Nice, France. Anna is studying in Grenoble (the French Alps) and we thought, why not meet up in Europe at a beach. I live the hard life right?Nice is in the French Riviera between Monaco and Cannes and absolutely beautiful. This was my first experience outside of the UK, since I've mostly been exploring England, Oh and I don't speak ANY French! I arrived in Nice, at around 10am and wandered around the French streets, sat by some of the fountains, just taking it all in. It was so hot that I decided to go lay out on the beach, I was meeting Anna at the train station later. Unfortunately there were massive train delays and Anna came in a bit later then expected. But really, who can complain when you are somewhere like this?
We spent most of Saturday at the beach and then decided to climb up to the top of this hill where the view of Nice is amazing! There are old roman ruins and waterfalls along the way to the top.It would have been nice being there one more day, but Sunday morning I left for the airport. I sat on the tarmac in the blazing heat, inside a delayed plane with no AC for an hour, I guess that's a moment where you get what you pay for when flying discount airlines.

This post is short, I have my final exam today and then my last day of work tomorrow. Then next week Amsterdam!

No comments:

Post a Comment